Check out the list below to see how you can tweak your wardrobe to positively affect you throughout the day!
- Grey: Causes indifference, non-expressiveness. Some associated terms are fixed, depressed, lifeless apathetic.
- Black: Symbolizes extremes, all or nothing.
- Gold: Symbolizes authority, self-confidence, creativity, perfection.
- Silver: Inspires emotional stability, removes or neutralizes negativity.
- Copper/Bronze: Symbolizes love and passion in personal and professional relationships and endeavors.
- Red: Stimulates energy, warmth and healing. Some associated terms are courage, will-power, speed and assertiveness.
- Orange: Stimulates new possibilities, creativity and enthusiasm.
- Yellow: Awakens mental inspiration and energizes your muscles. (Remember, your heart is a muscle!)
- Green: Inspires balance and harmony, soothes both the mind and body.
- Blue: Soothes and cools.
- Indigo: As a mix of blue and red, indigo combines the devotion of blue and stabilization of red. Indigo inspires coolness and electricity.
- Violet/Purple: Colors of transformation, soothing mental and emotional stress. For those of you who meditate, it is believed that violet strengthens one’s spiritual power.
- White: White is the combination of all colors. It signifies perfection, balance and harmony.
- Magenta: Inspires magnetism and extra focus to achieve power.
- Pink: Restores youthfulness, inspires genuine contact to your true feelings.
- Turquoise: Increases intuition and sensitivity. Relaxes sensations of stress.
- Brown: Represents solidity and grounding, natural and simple.
So, now what? Should you go out and buy a new wardrobe? Not necessarily. If you’ve got the cash, shop ’till you drop. If you’re like most of us, just make due with with you already own. In attempts to spice up my winter clothes I have added bright jewelry (that I already owned but only rocked in the summertime), colorful scarves and even bright socks.
Take note of how certain colors affect you and keep it in mind when dressing each day. Who knows, maybe your next big idea is just a gold broach away.