Rosy lips are most important element of a woman and man’s charm which add to their appeal. There is no doubt, naturally rosy and pink lips look visually appealing. There is no time to wear lipstick or lip balms at all times. Many of us shy from public appearances. There are a number of reasons but darker lips are one of the common problems affecting people of all ages. Dark lips can tarnish personal image and can cause embarrassment. However, there are many ways to lighten dark lips. Here are some natural remedies to help and treat lighten dark lips.
1. Honey is a natural ingredient to treat lips that have turned dark with age and other external factors. Honey has many beauty benefits, one of the benefits is that it can soften lips and give your lips a pink glow. Apply honey over night, every day. Apply it all over your lips and let it dry. Don’t wash off.
2. Lemon is used commonly to treat darker patches and spots of skin. But did you know you can also use lemon to naturally lighten dark lips. While, nights are the best to apply lemon juice on your lips. Massage freshly squeezed lemon juice on your lips overnight before you go to sleep.
3. For naturally smooth and pink lips, use one tablespoon of strawberry juice with two tablespoons of petroleum jelly on your lips. Use this mixture as lip balm daily on your lips.
4. There are also other berries like strawberries and raspberries that can solve your problems of dark lips. You need to make a paste by mixing raspberries along with pure honey and aloe Vera juice. Apply and leave it for at least five minutes. Rinse it off and apply a home made lip balm. Raspberries contain vital minerals and vitamins, needed for your lips to remain healthy and vibrant.
5. Some oils can be good for the lips, like olive oil, mustard oil, tea tree oil. Clove oil is also used who have dark and patchy lips. Olive oil is the best among the others because it does not have any harmful effects. Apply one of these oils onto your lips before going to sleep.
6. Massage your lips with ice cubes. It will keep the lips nourished, moisturized and fresh.
7. Apply the mixture of castor oil and almond oil to massage your lips to make them pinkish naturally.
Getting back your natural lip color may take some time, but the condition of your darkened lips is reversible. Below are list of preventive measures so as to lighten your lips and restore their natural tone.
Apart from the long list of health problems linked with smoking, getting noticeably darker lips, teeth and gums should be among the many reasons to quit it (its association with heart disease and cancer should be enough reason).
Limit your intake of tea and coffee.
Just how caffeine can stain teeth, it can also make lips darker, depending of course, on how much you consume. Large doses of caffeine taken daily may get you through the day, but in time can give your lips a darker pigment. Counter this effect by drinking water with your coffee or tea, or try cutting back a cup or two daily.
Use a lip balm with SPF.
We spend so much time protecting our skin from the sun’s harmful UV rays we completely forget to apply SPF on our lips. Our puckers can also burn (in fact, they are very sensitive to UV rays), especially with constant sun exposure. Using a lip balm with a minimum SPF of 15 will do the trick, and will keep your lips smooth and chap-free.
Drink more water.
Not drinking enough water can cause our bodies to be dehydrated, and this manifests in rough, chapped, and to some degree, darker lips. We obviously need water to survive, but surprisingly, we aren’t drinking enough. The recommended two to three liters of water should be taken throughout the day to keep us hydrated and healthy, and our lips moisturized.
Exfoliate your lips.
Gently removing dead skin on our lips is a must if you want it to go back to its original color. You can easily do this by using a wet baby toothbrush to slough away dry skin and apply petroleum jelly on your lips after. Or make a yummy lip scrub by mixing sugar and honey and applying it on your lips. Honey is a natural antioxidant that helps protect lips from damage and sugar will remove rough lip skin.
source : Hira beauty tips